The official home of HORSHAM YOUTH FOOTBALL CLUB on the web
 HORSHAM FOOTBALL CLUB is affiliated to The Ryman Football League, Arun & Chichester League, Sussex Sunday Youth League


  Lewis Blaney

Connor Cushing


Tom Killner-Brown


Alex Parsons


Jake Legrange


George Hole

- Jacob Waller

Ollie Clark


Ben Collier


Greg Gander


Zac Comber


Used subs


Stanley Rice


Harry Garman


Harry Smith


HORSHAM: Smith, Parsons,
Legrange, Hole, Gander (2)

Man of the Match: Harry Smith


About U14s U15s U16s U18s Contact us


HORSHAM 6 Marle Place Wanderers 1

Sunday 12th February 2012

Sussex Sunday Youth Knockout Cup semi-final
played at Hassocks Sports Centre

Horsham travelled to the 3G pitch at Hassocks Sports Centre, a neutral venue for their League Cup semi-final clash against Marle Place Wanderers.

Despite the setback of losing their Captain, Connor Cushing, with a head injury in the opening exchanges, Horsham started strong and enjoyed much of the early possession and their efforts were rewarded when a strike from Harry Smith found the back of the net. The Horsham lead was increased only minutes later as Alex Parsons latched on to a deep corner from Ollie Clarke to score from short range. The Hornets continued to press hard, closing down the Marle Place midfield swiftly and not allowing them to settle on the ball, while Jake Legrange continued his impressive goalscoring form by notching up the third goal.

Horsham were then forced into a second substitution when Ollie Clarke picked up a nasty back injury. The talented Stanley Rice came on and had an immediate impact along the left flank. However, minutes before half-time, an outstanding move down the right side, started by Jacob Waller deep in his own half, saw George Hole hit home after combining in a delicate one-two with Alex Parsons.

H/T: Horsham 4 Marle Place Wanderers 0

Horsham maintained the pressure after the restart and, following some intelligent movement and interchanges between Ben Collier, Harry Smith and Harry Garman, the Horsham strikers were again testing the impressive Marle Place goalie. But, despite the efforts of Zac Comber and Tom Kilner-Brown, the Marle Place defence stood firm until Alex Parsons broke through on the right and whipped in a cross that found the head of Greg Gander for the first of his two goals. A rare slip by the solid Horsham defence enabled Marle Place to get on the score sheet, although Horsham sealed a well deserved victory when Gander broke quickly from the back to power home their sixth.

The Hornets will face Hassocks Juniors in the final after they saw off Wealden Colts in a penalty shoot-out after their semi-final finished all square a 2-2.

Horsham Football Club, Goring's Mead, Brighton Road, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 5BP
Telephone: 01403 266888 |